Monday, May 26, 2014

Day one

Do you know what porridge tastes like without milk or sugar? Nothing.  It tastes like nothing.  It’s filling, sure.  But satisfying?  No.



Lunch was yum.  The soup had gone all thick and stewy overnight with the lentils and barley.  It could have done with another couple of chillis – I could get another three with my left over 44c.  I’m not too proud to spend 44c at the supermarket.  Been there, done that.  In a previous challenge I bought a tin of sardines for fifty-odd cents and opened them to find the scales still on and mixed in to the tomato sauce.  I took them back and got my 50c back. 



But anyway the coconut milk made the soup nice.  I am pretty sure this is the most delicious meal I have had on a live below the line week, and I’ve been doing it for a few years now.  And I have half an orange to look forward to tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment